Thursday, June 28, 2007

Cop Quotas

Am I the only one who believes traffic police have some sort of monthly citation quota?

It seems that near the end of every single month, there are more cops on the roads or on the sides of the roads, handing out speeding tickets.

I've received three speeding citations in my life - one of which I successfully fought - and each was issued at the end of the month.

In fact, my first one was on the very last day of the month.

Of course, it's possible that I'm seeing convergence where there's only coincidence, but I doubt that.

What do you think - do the cops have a quota?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, they absolutely have a quota. This is based on purely insubstantial evidence, but I certainly believe it to be true.

Angie said...

Hell yes! Here in Columbus we start seeing speed traps at the end of the month - every month. I can't stand them!

Miz JJ said...

I would say it is also partly seasonal. Where I live they hit you harder in the summer. I hate speeding tickets.

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

I would say they do. I got pulled over last weekend for doing 49 in a 45, and she said I was on my cell (it was off), sooooo yeah, they have quotas to fill.