Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Check This Riff

I'm about to spoil a movie for you - a Jack Black movie that most of you (the 1.3 folks who still read this blog) wouldn't see, anyway. That movie is "Tenacious D & The Pick of Destiny" (or something like that).

If you don't want it spoiled, stop reading now. If you HATE all rock music, stop reading now. If you have even a mild appreciation for rock, profanity, and/or Jack Black, read on.

Now, lemme tell you: I had no interest in seeing this movie, but it happened to be on one of the HBO's that I stopped on for a while. Despite how much unfunny stuff I saw, I'm SO glad I finished watching it. Below, you'll find out why.

You won't get all of the references in this movie clip, but that's okay. All you really need to know is that the two silly, aspiring rockers' search for a pick (as in guitar pick) which would fulfill their musical dreams. This pick came from the devil's tooth and was once responsible for his being imprisoned.

And now, I give you, the climax (and near conclusion) of the Tenacious D movie:



That was pure, unadulterated awesome AND YOU KNOW IT!


By the way, highlight the following for a neat lil fact about that clip: "The Devil" was played by Dave Grohl, formerly of Nirvana, and currently of Foo Fighters.

No comments: