Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Nature Spoiled

Kinda disappointing.

There's a pond behind my place of employment. Although the recent drought has left it somewhat slim around the middle, it's still a lovely bit of scenery to check out on a break or something.

Except for this part...
(Picture taken with my Treo 755P smartphone. Click image to enlarge.)

After clicking on the image, you may or may not be able to tell that the debris collected on and near the "shore" consists of all types of trash - including old, moldy (or algae-covered) soda bottle.


How someone could see a geese- and turtle-populated pond or lake as a trash receptacle is beyond me. I mean, of all places to toss your crap...!

I'm hoping this is mostly the result of rain water being funneled from the surrounding area to the pond. Not much better, I know, but at least that means people aren't tossing crap in a fenced-in pond.

Sometimes, people really do suck.

3 comments:

Miz JJ said...

People do not usually give a thought to throwing their trash anywhere. It is unfortunate.

Tafari said...

I hate litter bugs!!!

Bygbaby

Anonymous said...

Awww, the poor aminals (yes, AM-I-NALS). Why don't people CARE more??? The geese and turtles don't deserve that.