Monday, April 03, 2006

MISSING PERSON - Ali Gilmore




Let me say, in advance, that this is not a joke.

From the Tallahassee Democrat:

"Gilmore, 30, was four months' pregnant when she was reported missing on Feb. 3 by her supervisor at the Florida Department of Health, where she worked as a statistical analyst. She also worked in the bakery at Publix on Apalachee Parkway. Police think foul play is involved because of the length of time she's been missing."

I remember Ali from my freshman year at FAMU. I hadn't seen her in quite a while, then, several months, ago, we ran into each other at Publix. We soon remembered why we looked so familiar to each other, talked for a little while about our lives, and then said good-bye. After not seeing her for many years, it's a bit surreal to run into her just months before she'd be reported missing.

I didn't even know she was missing, at first, but about a month or so, ago, a friend of mine said that a former FAMU classmate of hers was missing. She mentioned Ali's name, but that didn't ring a bell. While driving around, one day, I saw one of the yard signs with Ali's picture and that's when I realized I kinda knew her, too. We weren't best friends, but we'd spoken a few times and recognized each other.

It saddens me that she's been missing all this time. My heart goes out to her family. I haven't had any contact with them, but I doubt they'd have any objections to me posting a little about the situation to increase visibility and kinda spread the word just a bit.

Hopefully, this story will have a happy ending.

There are more photos of Ali here.
Thanks for taking the time to take a look.

No comments: