Thursday, February 09, 2006

GADGET #2 OF THE DAY - SanDisk Ultra II+ SD Card

SanDisk Ultra II+ SD Card

...as a simple sd card...




...as a usb flash drive...


How damned cool is this? TreoCentral.com reviewed this device here: http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/750-1.htm

I haven't messed with it, myself, but I'm very eager to try it out. I'm one of those people who's got a few lil adapters n whatnot that I try to keep with me (in a lil tech pouch). This may not completely eliminate the need for that, but it'll make things much easier.

For those who can't see the pix, let me be explicit. This is an sd card, that apparently functions like any other, with the added bonus of a built-in usb connector. You simply fold it, exposing the usb leads, then plug it into the usb 2.0 port of your computer and use like any other external usb drive.

Fold it back and it goes back to being a regular sd card, which you can use in your Treo 650 or other devices.


I can't wait to try this one out. Let's hope the price is right. [EDIT: pricing info is as follows-

» $89.95 (1 GB)
» $69.95 (512 MB)]



Questions? Comments?

No comments: