Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Actors You Follow

Is there an actor whose movies you'll always see - just because he or she is in them?
If so, which actor is it and why?



Here's a chatroom conversation Troy and I had on this subject, recently: (read from the bottom-to-the-top)

Troy: well, Mrs. Doubtfire assures that i'll NEVER see all his movies . .

west3man: I dug Remington Steele, too. He was MEANT to be Bond. Too bad it took'em so long to do it.

west3man: Truth be told, it ain't bad. Hell, most movies I've seen him in have been pretty decent-to-very good.

Troy: I was a big Remminton Steel fan, and i've liked him as Bond, but i haven't seen too much else with him

west3man: We're watching The Matador on video simply b/c P.B.'s in it.

west3man: Close enough.

Troy: the answer is "No" -- i'll almost always RENT Jackie Chan movies eventually--but i've only Gone to see a couple

west3man: For me, it's Pierce Brosnan. What about you?

west3man: Is there an actor whose movies you always go see?

7 comments:

asdf said...

Johnny Depp. Why? Because he's dreamy.

No, I just love how versatile he is as an actor. Just take a look at some of his movies and you can see that. Donnie Brasco, Fear and Loathing Las Vegas, Ed Wood, Finding Neverland, Bennie and Joon, Edward Scissorhands, etc...

I also love the fact that he only does the movies he wants. He's not influenced by money or recognition. He is his values, he sticks to them, and that's rare.

In sumation, he's the man.

West said...

That's right. You mentioned Depp in a blog post recently.

I should've guessed that one. I must be slippin'. :p

Depp had me like that for a while, too, but he did a couple of weak movies (like Sleepy Hollow, I think) that convinced me that my blind loyalty would not be rewarded consistently enough.

Remnants of U said...

Hey for me, it is Denzel Washington. I didn't like him in "Training Day", but loved him in "Man on Fire", and I could go on and on, because he has done so many movies. I guess the second place person would be Angela Bassett.

What happened to your picture?

West said...

"Out of Time" was pretty weak, but I feel you.

As far as my picture,... that's a good question. *checks*

West said...

remnants, it looks like a temporary thing with blogger.

I'm gonna leave it alone and hope it fixes itself.

Remnants of U said...

Yes, I think shortly after I asked about your pic I read something about a blogger update.

RC said...

nope...any good actor can do a bad flick, that's a lesson i've learned the hard way...

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com