Monday, August 06, 2012

Protect Your Data


I thought I was plugged into the latest tech news but apparently I missed how a WIRED staffer's many devices (Apple) and accounts (Google, etc.) were hacked and wiped without permission... using pretty simple tactics, apparently.  The article below links to that story and talks about how the editor of iMore protects himself and suggests that you do, as well:

http://www.imore.com/editors-desk-hold-your-iphone-dates-close-your-icloud-account-closer#comments

I'm going to have to chew on this one for a while, longer, but it really makes me want to get my digital act together.  I'm actually in mini-shock, at the moment, over the potential scope of such an attack.  I'm still deciding how to respond, exactly, but the first step was to inform others.

No comments: