Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Postal Story, Stamps, & Service

I'm such a mark.

Quick story: A few weeks, ago, I went to the post office to ship some documents for a hearing. I paid for "next day" shipping, but they didn't arrive the next day. After calling the USPS 1-800 number to inquire and complain, I was told that I was due a refund for the delayed shipping. All I needed to do to get my refund, the rep said, was take my receipt to the post office. Well, I did that, stood in line (am I the only one who doesn't say "on line?") for 10-15 minutes, and then was told, by the clerk, that I'd need the carbon copy of the form I filled out for the shipment.

I was pissed. Fast-forward a few weeks and I found the missing form, went to the post office, and got my frickin' refund, thankyouvery much. They didn't even need the receipt the rep had told me to bring along.

Something to keep in-mind in case you ever opt for next-day shipping.


Anyway, while I was there, I saw an ad for this:

(click photo to enlarge)

Like I said, I'm such a mark. After seeing those stamps, they were as good as sold. Classic illustrations of characters I've been digging for decades.

I ended up spending half my refund on them, but oh well. They're purdy and I like'em.

Just don't ask me if I'll ever have it in me to put'em on a letter. :-\

No comments: