Monday, September 18, 2006

XXX spin-off

Jaimie's most recent blog post brings up the topic of XXX stores and asks, "Do you use toys?"

Here's the "director's cut" of my comment/response:
I'm surprised at how clueless some of the xxx salespeople are, these days. I say "these days" because, when I first ventured into such stores, I noted how much space the folks gave the patrons. If you had a question, they were usually pretty knowledgeable.

Over the last couple of years, though, I've encountered xxx associates who are a little too jokey-jokey, a little too familiar, and a little to damned loud when offering unsolicited commentary on whatever items may have caught our eyes.

In the first of the two instances that I'm thinking of, there was a more low-key associate who seemed to "get" what the other one didn't. So, I didn't walk out... which I'm DAMNED good for doing when I'm displeased.

In the other case, the person was mostly just kinda rude. I know they get burned for not checking i.d.'s (welll, some of'em, anyway) but smart-assed remarks aren't the answer. Again, I chose not to immediately leave because I found a way of getting satisfaction - I reciprocated her smart-assery.
I'm surprised these places have gotten worse over the years, instead of better. Then again, I may not visit them often enough for a fair representative sampling.

Whatever. Just let me shop for my pervy products in peace... and for goodness sakes, offer me an opaque bag to put my crap in so I don't walk outside showing ALL my business!

1 comment:

West said...

...so it can be matched up with your credit card and identity?

Nuh-UH.