Thursday, August 24, 2006

"I live for the details"

In princessdominique's latest blog entry, she mentioned that, in romantic relationships, she lives for the details. In other words, she wants a partner who'll tell her, in consistent, unprompted detail, how much she's loved, missed, or desired.

That really spoke to me and certainly reflected my own feelings on the subject. My comments follow:

'I absolutely live for the doggone details! I was just talking to m’lady about this.
I share and want to hear a lot of the little thoughts and feelings the we experience on our romantic journeys.

I think one of the reasons I’m so addicted to the details is because the moments, themselves, are fleeting (and limited in dimension). They’re fleeting in the sense that they happen and then they’re gone, only leaving us with the memories (and videos, depending on your proclivities). They’re limited in dimension in that we only have access to those elements that are detectable by our own five senses. We’re only able to glean so much from the other person.

But talking about the mental, emotional, and physical elements that make up our intimate experiences and romantic evolution can help our partners (and ourselves) get to know us better and develop a more vivid picture of what each moment means to us as individuals and as a couple.'

I tend to take a lot of pictures of my friends and family members for the same reasons that I like to share and hear about the feelings and experiences my partner and I share; basically, I want to hold onto these moments as long as I can. Like princessdominique said, I live for the details. But to what end?

Preservation.

It's all about preserving the moments and quality of our life experiences. I believe they make us richer... and if they don't, at least they make me feel richer.

And loved.


Your thoughts?

2 comments:

Serious Black said...

Nothing like a good photo to capture that one moment in time.

Blah Blah Blah said...

I like to know what lil things my other sees. Wonder if they see things that I had no idea I did. I like that they pay attention...so lil details are nice.