Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Nothing Up My Sleeves

WEST3MAN [8:44 P.M.]: earlier, while biking back from class, i went to the bank.
WEST3MAN [8:45 P.M.]: as soon as i got in (and the breeze was no longer cooling me) i started unzipping my jacket sleeves.
WEST3MAN [8:45 P.M.]: wasn't good enough, so i put them AND my jacket into my backpack.
WEST3MAN [8:46 P.M.]: well, this evening, i prepared my jacket for its first washing (been sweating in it for some time so this is overdue)
WEST3MAN [8:46 P.M.]: and i noticed my sleeves were missing.
WEST3MAN [8:46 P.M.]: couldn't find'em anywhere.
WEST3MAN [8:46 P.M.]: i concluded that they were either at the bank, at the bike shop, or somewhere along the route i traveled.
WEST3MAN [8:47 P.M.]: and it was already late... and wet.
WEST3MAN [8:47 P.M.]: couldn't help it. i had to drive around the city to see if i could find it.
WEST3MAN [8:48 P.M.]: slim chance, i know.
WEST3MAN [8:48 P.M.]: but i DID find them!
WEST3MAN [8:48 P.M.]: wet and almost in the gutter, but intact.
WEST3MAN [8:48 P.M.]: yay.
WEST3MAN [8:48 P.M.]: i knew my backpack didn't zip all the way but i didn't think it was enough for them to make a break for it.
WEST3MAN [8:49 P.M.]: apparently, they thought the opportunity was too good to pass up.
WEST3MAN [8:50 P.M.]: amazing that i found them. really.
WEST3MAN [8:50 P.M.]: had no idea whether the company'd sell JUST the sleeves
WEST3MAN [8:50 P.M.]: [..] since i was gonna wash'em anyway *shrugs*
WEST3MAN [8:51 P.M.]: so it seems my determination and perhaps ingenuity trumped my stupidity.

No comments: