Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Liz Handlin' Her Biz

Liz's "I'm Not A Racist, But..." post is so incredibly well-written and well thought-out that, at the time, I couldn't even point out all the things I dug about it. I may do this later, but at the moment, I'm at a loss.

All I could do was read it to my girlfriend (after telling her, "Girl, you have GOT to read this...") and then go on about how awesome it was.


Quick notes for after you read it:
  1. "...get my stuff waxed..." Rephrase, honey. Rephrase.
  2. "It was said with the kind of authority that let me know that Blondie fully expected May to agree with her." That line says oh-so-much about the speaker. Not only ignant enough to say it, but arrogant, self-important, and illegitimately entitled enough to expect agreement. Whoooooooo!
  3. Artful ending.
Nice one.

5 comments:

Liz Dwyer said...

Eek...when you pull the quote about the waxing out like that, it does sound waaay too graphic, doesn't it? Rephrase indeed! Goodness, what was I thinking?!

Seriously though, thanks for the shout out and praise like this. You are too kind.

Angie said...

Okay, this is how sick I am - I like the "stuff waxed" phrase. I think I'll adopti and adapt it and us it in sentences all day long.

Ex. I can't wait to git home to. Umma git my stuff waxed tonight!
: )

Anonymous said...

You are so fun and insightful, West.

Miz JJ said...

I loved Liz's post. And sometimes we get our stuff waxed.

Liz Dwyer said...

And sometimes we wish men would get their stuff waxed too! ;0