Monday, September 18, 2006

XXX spin-off

Jaimie's most recent blog post brings up the topic of XXX stores and asks, "Do you use toys?"

Here's the "director's cut" of my comment/response:
I'm surprised at how clueless some of the xxx salespeople are, these days. I say "these days" because, when I first ventured into such stores, I noted how much space the folks gave the patrons. If you had a question, they were usually pretty knowledgeable.

Over the last couple of years, though, I've encountered xxx associates who are a little too jokey-jokey, a little too familiar, and a little to damned loud when offering unsolicited commentary on whatever items may have caught our eyes.

In the first of the two instances that I'm thinking of, there was a more low-key associate who seemed to "get" what the other one didn't. So, I didn't walk out... which I'm DAMNED good for doing when I'm displeased.

In the other case, the person was mostly just kinda rude. I know they get burned for not checking i.d.'s (welll, some of'em, anyway) but smart-assed remarks aren't the answer. Again, I chose not to immediately leave because I found a way of getting satisfaction - I reciprocated her smart-assery.
I'm surprised these places have gotten worse over the years, instead of better. Then again, I may not visit them often enough for a fair representative sampling.

Whatever. Just let me shop for my pervy products in peace... and for goodness sakes, offer me an opaque bag to put my crap in so I don't walk outside showing ALL my business!

2 comments:

Eudaimo said...

Live the eudaimo way. All products that can be bought on the internet, should be.

West said...

...so it can be matched up with your credit card and identity?

Nuh-UH.