Friday, July 07, 2006

Misplaced Oscars & Bonin' of the Friends

Luke Cage is talking about when Academy Awards are given to the right actors for the wrong movies and roles.

My take:
Like I said on his blog, I wish they'd just make a "Whoops Award" and give it to the folks they screwed over, instead of continuing to screw people over... people who might not get another shot, even.


Nikki's talking about keeping quiet when you've got a love jones for a friend.

My take:
Love is to rare and too precious not to take the risk if there's a chance of success.
Bone your friend. It's good for you.


EDIT: One time for chele's brilliance and wisdom.
That is one beautiful and inspiring post.

Dayum.

P/S Just so you know, I wrote this edit before I saw chele's comment in the "Letters..." post. (Thanks, btw. I just love good writing and conversation. So, thanks to all of you for providing that.)

2 comments:

Luke Cage said...

Good looking out brotha West! Hey, I'm feeling miss Chele's blog too. It's crept up there as one of my favorite blogs out here...

West said...

F'sho!

People who only see me showing love sometimes mistake that for ass-kissing, just like people who see me "asking tough questions," as nikki diplomatically puts it, think I'm just hating.

Really, it's simple:
* If I say I dig something, it's not because that person's my buddy.
* If I say I don't dig something, it's not because that person's my arch-enemy.

I just felt the need to say that. :D