Wednesday, July 05, 2006

COMICS - Invincible: Ultimate hardcover v.2

I've been looking forward to this for a while, now.

In fact, I waited so long (I was told about eight months, ago, that it'd be out in March of 2006) that I finally just bought the tpb's. Now, I guess I'll be selling them and scooping up this hardcover.

Yum.

I don't even know exactly what material it contains, but I'm sure it's stuff I've already got in softcover format.

Anyway, if you're a comic fan and haven't given Invincible a look, I'd suggest that you reconsider.

I'm sure it's not for everybody, but there's something in it that speaks to a lot of people - including Mr. West, himself.

Anyway, good stuff, scoop it up. Dig.


Any other INVINCIBLE fans out there?

3 comments:

asdf said...

I've never read anything from this title, but you are the 2nd person I've heard recommend it. I'll probably have to try it out in the future.

West said...

What I did was go to my local comic shop, flip through the INVINCIBLE tpb's, then make a decision.

I'm not sure that I know your comic book tastes well enough to recommend anything based upon them, but there's something about INVINCIBLE that just words on some basic level.

I enjoyed the books. I reread'em. I ran out of material. I left them alone, for a while.

When I'd see little advertisments here or there, I'd smile, inside, because I had a positive association with the series, but I couldn't put my finger on what made it "good."

It's still hard to do that, but all I had to do was read the latest tpb and I was hooked, again.

IT'S JUST GOOD, DAMMIT! :p

West said...

I picked up this hardcover a couple of hours, ago.

Like usual, they stuffed a bunch of nice "extras" in the back, including sketches and comments ABOUT the sketches.

I've gotta say - that's one of my absolute favorite things about collected volumes.

I think I'm gonna hafta e-mail the man and tell him what I think of his work.